A bed isn't just for catching zzzs; think of this elevated, soft structure as another piece of fitness equipment you can use before or after hitting the hay in your own home, at your in-laws' house when out for a weekend visit, or at the hotel while on your on holidays. These moves may be basic, but they are super effective at toning your body.
Triceps Dips— Targets arms
- Stand a few feet away from the edge of the bed, facing away. Place your hands on the mattress, fingertips pointing toward the feet.
- Begin with your torso in one straight line. From here, bend your elbows behind you, lowering your hips toward the ground. Then straighten the arms to lift the hips, squeezing the glutes at the top.
- Complete three sets of 15 to 20 reps.
Elevated Lunge— Targets legs and tush
- Stand about three feet away from the foot of the bed, facing away. Lift your left leg up and rest the ball of your foot on the mattress.
- From here, bend your front knee, lowering your left knee toward the ground so it's at a 90-degree angle, and then rise up.
- Complete three sets of 15 to 20 reps on each leg.
Keep reading to learn three more toning moves using your bed.