We're kicking off Mother's Day with a look back at some of our favourite stars posing with their mums. Anne Hathaway, Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Lopez and more have all shared major career moments with their mothers over the years — click through to see all the photos, and be sure to spoil your mum today!
The 2013 Met Gala may have given celebrities a chance to channel their inner punk rocker in NYC yesterday, but once the event drew to a close, it was clear that these edgy new looks were only meant to last for the night. Stars like Cameron Diaz and Miranda Kerr were spotted returning to their normal selves as they left the bash, with Cameron chatting on her mobile as she waited for her car and Miranda enlisting Michael Kors to help her navigate the stairs in her heels. Emma Roberts got help from Jaime King as she left the party, clutching onto her pal's hand as she carefully walked down the museum's famous stairs while Gwen Stefani made a smooth exit with Gavin Rossdale. Meanwhile, stars like Anne Hathaway and Taylor Swift were showing no signs of slowing down, using the mass exit of celebrities as a chance to catch up with their favourite small-screen stars like Game of Thrones' Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and New Girl's Zooey Deschanel.
Of course, just because the Met Gala wrapped up, that didn't mean the party had ended. Anne, Miranda, and many more celebrities hit up the after party at the Boom Boom Room later to dance the night away.
The theme for the 2013 Met Gala is Punk: Chaos to Couture, which inspired us to round up our top modern-day punk style icons. From Miley Cyrus's bold onstage attire and risqué magazine cover shoots to Gwen Stefani's tough-girl charm, we've rounded up seven ladies who've mastered punk. Watch on to see who else made our list!
Drumroll, please . . . the secret to a six-pack has finally been revealed! If you've been working on your abs and still aren't seeing results, then it might be time to switch things up. According to Gunnar Peterson, celebrity trainer to stars like Jennifer Lopez and Gwen Stefani, there are three things you should focus on when doing core work, and not one of them requires a traditional sit-up!
- Be consistent: As with all workouts, being consistent is the key to great abs! Gunnar suggests you work your abs at least twice a week or every other day. Sticking with an ab routine like this will help build strength and maximise results. When it comes to your abs, doing regular cardio and sticking with a clean eating plan is equally important.
- Work in multiple planes of motion: Consider this your excuse to skip the crunches! Although crunches have their benefits, they don't work your entire core. Because our midsection is divided into three parts — the upper abs, obliques, and lower abs — you must do a variety of exercises to see results.
- Add weights: Adding weights to your core workout will make an ab series more effective. Gunnar helps his celebrity clients get cover-worthy abs with two to seven kilogram dumbbells and a similar weighted ab workout.
Gwen Stefani covers US Vogue's January issue, and in the glossy, the No Doubt frontwoman gets candid about balancing life as a rock star, designer and mum. Gwen and No Doubt reunited this year for their first album in more than a decade, and between her music career, two sons, and multiple fashion lines, Gwen admits she sometimes feels overwhelmed. Fortunately, she says, that's given her plenty of angst to inspire her new music. Here's more from Gwen Stefani in Vogue:
- On what inspires her music: "There has to be some kind of saga going on . . . Ten years ago, I had started L.A.M.B. because I was preparing myself, knowing that the music thing was going to end. Who knew that ten years later, I'd be doing a No Doubt record, be married, have two kids, have three clothing lines? All at one time! It would be ridiculous to do that. And it isridiculous. It's impossible . . . That's what this whole record was: trying to balance it, trying to be my creative self but also be the new me."
- On her marriage to Gavin Rossdale:"You feel proud. There are just so many rewards that come with it. You have to work at it. But, actually, it's fun to get to this point. Because you learn so much about somebody . . . And then having kids takes the whole relationship to another place. It is the ultimate collaboration. Both of us have such strong opinions about how it should be, and it's really fun to do it together."
- On motherhood: "It's super fun being a mum, but it's not what you think it's going to be. And it's really gradual. At first, your life is totally the same . . . as they grow older, it really does start to change your life. Like, 'Oh, my God, they have school, they have to get through first grade, they have to learn to read.' It starts getting so serious, and you're like, 'Aaaaaaah!'"
Photos courtesy Annie Leibovitz for Vogue
Many of music's biggest names stepped out at the American Music Awards in LA tonight. The ladies, including Kelly Rowland, Christina Aguilera, and Nicki Minaj brought the glamour with their red carpet looks. Performer and nominee Taylor Swift sparkled in a Zuhair Murad mini while Pink, who arrived with husband Carey Hart, went long in Catherine Deane. Carrie Underwood chose a colourful lace look by Abed Mahfouz before taking the stage to perform during the show. Gwen Stefani switched things up in an embellished Balmain jacket and leather leggings as she arrived with her No Doubt bandmates and Jordin Sparks showed skin in a cut-out Etro gown on the arm of boyfriend Jason Derulo. Justin Bieber brought his mum to the show after spending time with on-again girlfriend Selena Gomez over the weekend. There were lots more sexy looks this evening so click through to see them all and make sure to vote on your favourites with Fab and Bella's red carpet polls!
Gwen Stefani flashed her bra under an embellished jacket on the red carpet at the American Music Awards in LA tonight. She arrived with her No Doubt bandmates, whom she'll be taking the stage with during the show. They're among a long list of artists, including Justin Bieber, Usher, and Carrie Underwood, that will be performing. No Doubt will continue their live run later this month, when they kick off a series of seven concerts at the Gibson Amphitheatre in LA.
If there is one thing we can expect from Gwen Stefani's red-carpet style, it's the unexpected. From bindi details to crop top-and-cargo pant combos, the No Doubt lead singer is all about channelling her rocker-girl vibe in full force, and tonight's outfit proved one cool incarnation. She styled a black and white embellished Balmain cardigan over a black bralette top, skin tight leather leggings, and a pair of sleek black D'Orsay pumps. As for the finishing touches? Gwen kept it sweet and simple in the makeup-and-hair area, only adding a diamond-encrusted cross necklace for a little extra sparkle. Are you a fan of her AMAs ensemble?
Don't forget to vote on all our 2012 American Music Awards polls!
The 2012 MTV Europe Music Awards took over Frankfurt, Germany, early this morning, where some of the world’s biggest music acts performed and received honours in front of their peers and fans. British singer Rita Ora opened the show with an electric performance of “R.I.P.” that Kim Kardashian said was her highlight of the event. “We Are Young” rockers fun. took to the stage soon after, and two of the year’s biggest tracks, “Call Me Maybe” and “Gangnam Style,” were performed by Carly Rae Jepsen and Psy respectively. Music veterans Alicia Keys and No Doubt wowed the crowds and Taylor Swift closed the Heidi Klum-hosted show with a circus-inspired rendition of “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.” The big winners of the MTV EMAs include Taylor, One Direction, Justin Bieber and Lana Del Rey — you can find the full list of winners here.
The 2012 MTV Europe Music Awards have already kicked off in Frankfurt but before the show got started lots of international music stars walked the red carpet. Taylor Swift lit up the arrivals in an embellished J. Mendel dress, and Rita Ora, the show’s opening act, made sure all eyes were on her as she made her entrance in a big red gown. Kim Kardashian walked the red carpet solo and met up with boyfriend Kanye West inside, and Gwen Stefani posed along the media wall with her No Doubt bandmates before taking to the stage. There are plenty more celeb arrivals to check out, including Alicia Keys, Psy and Lana Del Rey, so click through for all the snaps. Plus you can watch the Heidi Klum-hosted show on MTV now!